Grosvenor House, a 5-star JW Marriott Hotel. The hotel first opened in 1929, and joined the Marriott family in 2008. The brand's restoration added modern touches without losing iconic details of the building's past, such as the original Lutyens wrought-iron gates to the forecourt.
OUR TOP 5:
- Located on Park Lane just a stone's throw away from Hyde Park, several of the hotel's luxurious room overlook the park, including the two Royal Suites, which often play host to visiting A-listers.
- The brand's restoration added modern touches without losing iconic details of the building's past, such as the original Lutyens wrought-iron gates to the forecourt.
- From the Royal Suites to a Deluxe Double, there's a luxury accommodation to suit most budgets, with rates starting at around £300, dependant on dates and availability. We stayed in one of the hotel's Premium Executive Suites, which feature a private lounge, king-sized bedroom, walk-in closet and enormous bathroom. The good news: the rooms are so grand and beautifully decorated that you won't want to leave. The bad news: they might make you slightly depressed about the state (and size) of your actual home. Which you will have to go back to, eventually.
- Grosvenor House has two restaurants, two bars, a tea room, market coffee-house and a library, perfect for a bite if you want to feel like you're in an English stately home. If you're using the hotel as a base for a decadent night out in Mayfair, you'll want to make full use of the international breakfast buffet in the hotel's JW Steakhouse. Stopping is the hard part.
- If you want 5-star service to match your luxury room, right on the doorstep of Hyde Park and Mayfair, book yourself in right away. It's the perfect choice for a special night away with someone you love.
Find out more about the hotel and check room rates at