And it's hardly surprising; GLAMOUR columnist, Larry King, notes that there are few haircuts that stand the test of time and suit everyone, but maintains that the humble bob 'really does'.
"For me, it’s the most ageless style of all time not only because it transcends eras but suits everyone from three-year-olds up to a 103-year-old," he said. "It’s amazing with all hair textures and can be adapted to suit all face shapes."
Here, Larry shares his best tips for achieving the ideal bob...
1. It’s really important, as I always point out, to consider your hair texture when cutting a bob. If you’ve got really thick hair it’s possible to end up looking like a mushroom, so make sure you ask the stylist to thin it out as much as possible. A bob on fine hair will tend to make it look thicker and fuller.
2. A bob can be styled in so many ways and can be dressed super luxe and shiny or you can get a really grungy rock chic look by adding some of my Velvet Texture clay.
3. Think about the length; shoulder-skimming will always look elegant and a cheek bone-skimming choppy French chic adds loads of character.
3. Graduation (where it dramatically slopes at the nape) can tend to look a little dated so ask your stylist to keep blunt on ends and break it up with soft texture.
4. Fringes are mega with bobs and can be the difference between it looking classic or cute and sassy. Micro fringes look great with a short French bob - think Natalie Portman in Leon.
5. A bob is also a great length for curls and Afro hair because you can play with shapes and really tailor it to suit the curl.
As well as Larry's mantras for achieving the perfect bob, here are five reasons why bobs are GLAMOUR's go-to cut RN:
2. You can make a bob work for any hair length. Short (slightly grown out) pixie cuts can be styled into pretty crops, mid-length hair looks amazing in a lob style and long hair can be worked into a short hairstyle of sexy tousled waves.