Party season is upon us, people! We've already given you the ultimate guide to party accessories, shoes and every gift guide under the sun - from Secret Santa and makeup gifts, to the perfect presents for men. And now, dear reader, we bring you some brilliant party hairstyles and hacks from our columnist, Jen Atkin.
Your first task, shall you choose to accept it, is to master the ultimate party season blow-dry. Here's Jen's step-by-step to va-va-volume...
- Prep damp hair with a texturising or wave spray.
- Blow dry using the Dyson Air Wrap (or a hair dryer) on medium heat and speed settings, with a round volumising brush. When blow-drying, it’s important to smooth the hair in small sections with a brush focusing at the root.
- Prep dry hair using (£25).
- Curl hair under with a curling iron. When styling, I like to curl sections of random sizes for a more undone finish, and always leave the ends straight.
- To finish, spray (£22). Make sure to shake up the bottle really well, then flip your head upside down. Spray directly on the roots, then shake up with your fingers. It will give your hair instant life and volume.
Now you've got the Jen Atkin signature blow-dry down pat, here are three other key styles to add to your party hair arsenal...